AL QU’RAN THE WORD OF ALLAH
القرآن كلمة الله
Infomation you need to know:
- It is widely regarded as the finest work in classical Arabic literature
- The Quran is divided into chapters (surah in Arabic), which are then divided into verses (ayah).
- Muslims believe the Quran was verbally revealed by God to Prophet Muhammad through the angel Gabriel (Jibril), gradually over a period of approximately 23 years, beginning on 22 December 609 CE, when Muhammad was 40, and concluding in 632, the year of his death
- The Quran is used along with the hadith to interpret sharia (Islamic law)
- The quran is recieted only in Arabic during prayers
- The Quran consists of 114 chapters of varying lengths, each known as a sura
- Each sura except the ninth starts with the Bismillah (بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم), meaning “In the name of Allah the Most Beneficient ,the Most Merciful
- The Quranic content is concerned with basic Islamic beliefs including the existence of God and the resurrection and the way a muslim is to leave his/her life.
- It also contains narratives of the early prophets, ethical and legal subjects, historical events of Muhammad’s time, charity and prayer
- The Quranic verses contain general exhortations regarding right and wrong and historical events are related to outline general moral lessons.
- Many verses pertaining to certain phenomena have been interpreted by Muslims as an indication of the authenticity of the Quranic message
- Someone who has memorized the entire Quran is called a hafiz
اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاو ;َاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
Quran Chapter 2 verse 255 -Ayatul Qursi-
We want to refer to the Quran. Therefore, we will. (Quran 3:12-13; 5:7,9,12; 13:2)